Accepting Letter of Advice to Apply to the MPNP-SW Канада

Содержание поста:

Manitoba invites 546 candidates to apply for provincial nomination Latest draw includes 148 Letters of Advice to Apply issued to Express Entry candidates

Manitoba has conducted a new draw under its Expression of Interest system, including 148 invitations issued through its new Express Entry Pathway.

Manitoba’s Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) said it issued 148 Letters of Advice to Apply (LAAs) to Express Entry candidates who have a job seeker validation code and at least six months of recent experience in an occupation on the MPNP’s In-Demand Occupations List.

The lowest-ranked Express Entry candidate invited had a ranking score under Manitoba’s Expression of Interest (EOI) system of 560.

A total of 191 candidates in the Skilled Workers in Manitoba were also issued LAAs, with the lowest-ranked candidate having an EOI ranking score of 647.

A further 64 candidates were issued LAAs under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative through the Skilled Workers Overseas Stream, with the lowest-ranked candidate having a score 647.

Strategic Recruitment Initiatives include:

  • Recruitment missions. These overseas employment/immigration fairs involve MPNP representatives interviewing foreign skilled workers and subsequently inviting them to apply after they have made a formal Expression of Interest (EOI) to the MPNP.
  • Exploratory visits. The MPNP may invite people who have undertaken a pre-approved Exploratory Visit and passed an interview with a program official.

An additional 143 LAAs were issued to skilled workers outside the province who met the following criteria:

  • A close relative residing in Manitoba or past education or work experience in Manitoba;
  • At least six months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list; and
  • A minimum language proficiency of CLB 5 unless work experience is primarily in a regulated occupation (minimum 7) or a compulsory trade (CLB 6).

The lowest-ranked candidate in this category had a score of 605.

This was the second EOI draw to invite candidates through the MPNP’s new Express Entry Pathway, which was created as part of a general restructuring of the MPNP in November 2020.

Express Entry candidates who apply successfully for a provincial nomination receive an additional 600 points toward their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, putting an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence well within reach.

Acceptance Letter and Visas

Acceptance Letter

Your exchange acceptance letter from University of Guelph will be scanned and e-mailed to you by mid-May for students who have applied for a fall semester or full-year exchange, and by mid-November for students who have applied for a winter semester exchange. At this time, you will also receive an acceptance e-mail with a scanned copy of your acceptance letter and other important information such as how to apply for residence, the orientation program and fees.

Visa Advice

Due to immigration law in Canada, the University of Guelph can’t provide advice to exchange students about visa requirements or applications. However, helpful links to the Citizenship & Immigration Canada website information are provided below. To ensure your visa(s) are processed in time, we advise you to start your visa application process immediately upon receipt of the original copy of your acceptance letter which we have mailed to the international or study abroad office at your home university. If you do not need a visa to enter Canada, it is still a good idea to bring your exchange acceptance letter with you on your flight in case the Canadian immigration officials ask to see it when you arrive in Canada.

Study Permit

To find out if you need a Study Permit for Canada, go to

You can find out the Visa processing time at​

Temporary Resident Visa

To find out if you need a Temporary Resident Visa (entry visa) for Canada, go to

You can find out how to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa at

Electronic Travel Authorization

The Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) will become mandatory on March 15, 2020 for those that want to fly to Canada and are exempt from the requirement for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). An eTA costs $7 CAD, and is valid for 5 years or until the expiry of the passport (whichever comes first). Applications will be made online and will require a valid passport, e-mail address, and credit card. In most cases, an eTA will be issued in minutes.

You can find out how to apply for a Temporary Res >

Morden Immigration

Application Process Overview:

Morden’s Community Driven Immigration Initiative is a support program for those who will apply for permanent residence IN MORDEN through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program. If an applicant is not able to qualify on their own to apply to the MPNP (ex. With the support letter of a friend or family member), they can apply to our initiative for a support letter. We choose approximately 50 families per year to be supported by our program. This is typically approximately 5% of applications received.

Step 1: Determine whether you qualify for our program

Step 3: If you are chosen for MCDII, you will be given an invitation to come for an exploratory visit

Step 4: During your exploratory visit, you will research Morden and prepare for your interview with an MPNP officer at the end of your visit.

Step 5: If after the interview with the MPNP officer, he/she deems you a good fit for MCDII and MPNP, you will be given an invitation to apply for MPNP.

Step 6: You can apply online for MPNP. This is usually done after you return home from your exploratory visit.

Step 7: If, after you are reviewed by MPNP, it is determined that you meet all minimum qualifications of MPNP, you will be given a Nomination Letter from the MPNP.

Step 8: Using this nomination letter, you can apply for federal processing.

Step 9: Citizenship and Immigration Canada will do further review, including medicals and criminal record checks.

Step 10: Once you receive your Permanent Residence Visas, you can make arrangements for you and your family to move to Morden.

New Process and 7 Steps on How to Immigrate to Manitoba, Canada

Do you want to migrate to Canada? Apply thru Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)- Skilled Worker Overseas. Each year 15,000 people from countries all over the world move to Manitoba.

Here are the 7 steps on how to migrate under MPNP – Skilled Worker Overseas.

Step 1 Determine your Eligibility

Determine Your Eligibility – Skilled Workers Overseas

An applicant must have a connection in Manitoba either through:

  • previous education or work experience in the province (previous International Students or TFW in MB) OR
  • through Invitation to Apply received directly from MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative (If you remember, we publish some articles that Canadian Employers are visiting the Philippines to recruit potential Immigrants). From time to time, they visit some countries to provide these opportunities.

If you have any one of these three then proceed to Self Points Assessment

Step 2 Self Points Assessment

In addition to demonstrating a strong connection to Manitoba, every candidate who wants to be considered under the Skilled Worker Overseas stream must score at least 60 points based on five factors in order to be eligible.

Note: If you do not have a connection to Manitoba, you are not eligible under this stream, regardless of your total points. The MPNP points system illustrated below is for your self-assessment and information only.

Factor 1: Language Proficiency

Language Points are calculated according to documented proof of training and ability in one or both of Canada’s official languages, English and French. If you are proficient in both, choose as your first language the one you are most comfortable using. You must submit valid official results of a recent MPNP-approved language test as proof of your language proficiency.

MPNP-approved language tests are:

IELTS General Training (GT)

CELPIP-General (in Canada only)

TEF (for French applicants)

Use a Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) Calculator to find out your CLB from your test scores.

Calculators are provided for ease of use, employing the same test score and CLB figures as the MPNP CLB Grid, which is the official program document.



CLB 8 or higher 20

CLB 3 or lower 0

CLB 5 or higher 5


Factor 2: Age

Age points are calculated according to the date your application is received by the MPNP.



Factor 3: Work Experience

Work experience points are based on documented proof of full-time employment in the past five years. Only full-time jobs of six months (continuous) or longer are considered.


less than one year 0

four years or more 15


Factor 4: Education

Education Points are based on documented proof of completed education and /or training programs at recognized education institutions. A completed program is one for which you have met all requirements and received a certificate, diploma or degree. The MPNP reserves the right to require a third-party assessment to demonstrate trades education and training are comparable to Canadian standards.


Master’s degree or Doctorate 25

Two post-secondary programs of at least two years each 23

One post-secondary program of two years or longer 20

One one-year post-secondary program 14

Trade certificate 14

No formal post-secondary education 0


Factor 5: Adaptability

Adaptability points are calculated according to documented proof of a strong connection to Manitoba and employability in your assessed occupation, demonstrating that you have the genuine intention and ability to successfully settle and economically establish in Manitoba as a permanent resident. A connection to Manitoba is required of all applicants. You can only receive points for one type of connection, even if multiple apply to you. In addition to Adaptability points, you may also score points for Regional Immigration for having a connection to, and planning to settle in, a region of Manitoba outside the city of Winnipeg. Regional points are supplemental only and cannot be a substitute for another connection to the province.


Close relative in Manitoba 20

Invitation to Apply 20

Previous work experience in Manitoba (at least six months) 12

Completed post-secondary program of two years or more in Manitoba 12

Completed post-secondary program of at least one academic year in Manitoba 10

Friend or distant relative living in Manitoba 10

Regional Immigration 5


If you meet the minimum of 60 Points Self-Assessment System, then you can proceed to Step 3.

Step 3 Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)

How to create Expression of Interest (EOI):

  • Create Government of Manitoba account
  • Click the button on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions to create an account with the Government of Manitoba.
  • Sign in to create Expression of Interest
  • Select Create an Expression of Interest from the options provided
  • Complete an Expression of Interest and tell us about:
  • your identity
  • your contact information
  • your education, work experience and official language proficiency
  • your connection to Manitoba and Canada

Before you submit your EOI, you should print a copy of the summary page showing all your answers and ranking points scores for your records.

You can only have one active Expression of Interest at any time. You will only be able to submit a new profile once your current Expression of Interest expires.

Download the ranking points. MPNP Ranking Points

How does the EOI work?

Upon submitting EOI, a ranking point score is given to you. The maximum score is 1000 points. Prospective Immigrants EOI is placed in a pool and ranked against others already in the pool. MPNP would only invite the best candidates.

Note: For reasons which could include a large existing inventory of un-assessed applications; low labour market demand; and/or significant barriers to labour market participation, Expressions of Interest from Skilled Workers Overseas in the following occupations have not been considered in this draw, unless they were directly invited by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative:

  • Registered Nurses
  • Secondary and Elementary School Teachers
  • Vocational and College Instructors
  • University Professors
  • General and Specialist Physicians

In my opinion, these professions can still apply but it is best that you put an intended occupation in your EOI that is not directly as the professions above. It can be related like from Nurse to Health Care Aid or Teachers to Educational Assistant etc. Not a guarantee but might have a chance rather than waiting and not applying at all.

From time to time, MPNP announces EOI DRAW which means they pull out the highest-scoring candidates from the EOI pool. Then they issue the Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA) for those chosen candidates.

Your EOI profile is valid for one year, if you haven’t received LAA in a year upon your EOI submission, that’s the time you can make another EOI. Remember that your Language Test like IELTS is valid for 2 years. You can do something too to make your points higher because remember EOI is a ranking based system.

Step 4 Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA) – Skilled Workers

If your EOI is successfully drawn, you will receive a Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA). Here are the documents needed to prepare after you receive LAA:

  • Birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Marital status: marriage/divorce/death certificates; separation agreement; documents proving your common-law partnership of at least one year
  • Dependants: birth certificates must show names of both parents; adoption papers; custody agreements for children of divorce/separation, as well as travel documents
  • Certificate, degree or diploma and transcripts for each program completed by applicant and spouse. Note: if you say, for example, that you completed high school and university, you must upload transcripts and a certificate for high school and transcripts and a certificate for a university. Certified translation into English or French is required for each document issued in another language.
  • Signed letter of reference from each employer of the applicant and spouse
  • Employer letters must be on company letterhead and signed by a company representative (include contact information)
  • Your employer must include mention of start and end dates for employment; a detailed description of position and duties, and the salary (wage) you were paid
  • Immigration status and history if applicable
  • Valid Language Test Result
  • Settlement funds – All applicants should have C$10,000 plus C$2,000 for spouse and each accompanying dependant by providing Bank Statements.
  • Settlement Plans – Settlement Plan A is a form completed by applicants explaining why they chose Manitoba and how they plan to settle in the community. Settlement Plan B is a form completed by the applicant Manitoba supporter explaining how they’ll help applicants achieve short and long-term settlement goals
Очень важная для вас статья:  Изучение французского с нуля Канада

Note: There is a proposed $500CAD MPNP processing fee to start in April 2020.

Now Log in to MPNP Online (same account you used when you submit your EOI) to submit your online application and scanned all your Documents. Follow properly the directions.

Step 5 MPNP Applications are approved! Apply for Permanent Residency to Canadian Government (Thru Paper Based or Express Entry).

If your application is approved, MPNP will mail you a nomination package that includes your Approval Letter, instructions for submitting a Canadian permanent resident visa application and invitation to continue your settlement planning using the MPNP Pre-arrival Workbook.

Next step is to apply to the Canadian Government as Permanent Resident.

Specific steps for Manitoba Provincial Nominees for Permanent Resident Application

  • You must include a copy of your MPNP approval letter in your PR visa application.
  • Follow all directions in your approval letter, paying particular attention to the date: your nomination is valid for six months.
  • You must submit to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) your visa application, complete with IRCC fees before your nomination expires; if you do not, IRCC will not accept your application. (Fees: Principal Applicant – $500CAD, Spouse – $500CAD, Each Dependant – $150CAD)
  • During the visa process, you must notify both IRCC and the MPNP of address or family changes.
  • Nominees currently working in Manitoba: do not let your work permit expire.
  • Once you receive from IRCC your permanent resident status you must notify the MPNP.

If you applied through Express Entry, you had to complete your Medical Exam and submit copies of your Police Certificates to CIC when you applied.

If you applied through the paper-based process, you will be told when to submit these to CIC.

Note: IRCC is only the new name for CIC but overall it is the same.

Step 6 Confirmation of Permanent Residence (PR)

If your PR application is approved, CIC will ask for your passport, or a photocopy of your passport, depending on if you are from a country where you need a visa to visit Canada.

You will be asked to pay your Right of Permanent Residence fee ($490CAD) if you have not already done this.

Then, they will issue you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and a permanent resident visa, if you are from a country where you need a visa.

Step 7 Visa on Hand

When you have your Visa, you have 6 months to come to Canada before it expires. Attend all the recommended Pre- Departure Seminars to be well-informed and well-prepared. Research some resources on how to help you get ready for life in Canada.

Overall Time Duration:

(Assuming EOI is drawn within a year and all documents are completed) – 2 years

Total Funds needed as of January 2020 (in order):

  • Language exams: IELTS fee – vary from country to country (Phils – P9,780.00)
  • Fees for Valid Documents like Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates etc. – varies
  • Settlement funds – $10,000CAD for principal applicant + $2000CAD each dependant
  • Proposed MPNP fee (to start on April 2020) – approximately $500CAD
  • IRCC Fees – $500CAD each for Spouse and Principal Applicant, $150 each dependant
  • RPRF – $490CAD
  • Medical Exam Fees and Police Certificates – Varies
  • Plane Ticket – varies but approximately $1,000US each adult. Children are discounted. Babies are free.

What is The Process to Apply in MPNP ?

Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) involves the following procedural steps:

— File Express Entry

— Keep a tab on when Manitoba’s quota gets open

— Apply for nomination once quota gets open. Make sure to apply for stream you stand eligible for.

— Receive LAA (Letter of Advice to Apply) from the province

— Apply for Canada PR visa and submit each and every within 90 days post getting your LAA.

Get in touch with our immigration experts to know your eligibility for the program.

These are the general guidelines and procedure for Manitoba Nominee Program. To get a detailed view in this regard, we suggest you to contact our panel of experts and avail a FREE first consultation over phone.

HOW TO COME TO CANADA. STEP 1: Receive Letter of Acceptance to The University of Winnipeg

    Alexis Hamilton 3 years ago Views:

1 General What is a Temporary Resident Visa? A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is the official document showing you meet the requirements to enter Canada. The TRV is a sticker that is pasted into your passport by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). It is a separate document from a Study Permit. Do I need a Temporary Resident Visa? You may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in order to enter Canada, depending on your country of citizenship. People from many (but not all) countries require a TRV before they will be allowed to enter Canada. To find out whether or not you need a TRV to enter Canada, visit CIC s website: Do I need an Electronic Travel Authorization? Beginning March 15, 2020 some students exempt from obtaining a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for entering or re-entering Canada will be required to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) prior to (re-) entering Canada by air. You can apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) through the CIC website: You are exempt from the requirement to obtain an ETA if you: are required to hold a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada; are issued a Study Permit (or Letter of Introduction) on or after August 1, 2015; or are a US National 1. What is a Study Permit? A Study Permit is the official document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that allows you to study in Canada. Most students who are planning to study for more than 6 months in Canada must apply for and be issued a Study Permit before arriving in Canada. 2 Do I need a Study Permit? If you will be studying in Canada for more than 6 months, either at one or more schools, you must obtain a Study Permit. 3 You do not need a Study Permit to participate in programs that are shorter than 6 months as long as you can complete the program within the period of time that you were initially authorized to stay in Canada. 4 If you meet these requirements, it may be possible for you to come to Canada as a visitor without getting a Study Permit. What if I am studying for less than 6 months and come from a TRV exempt country? If you are planning to study in a program which is less than 6 months in duration and are coming from a country whose citizens do not require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter Canada, you may be eligible to enter Canada without the need for a Study Permit or a TRV. You may still be required to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization prior to coming to Canada. In addition, you must still show when entering Canada that you will leave by the end of the period authorized for your stay, have sufficient funds to support yourself and pay for your studies, and hold a valid identification document (i.e.: Passport). You must also prove that you are not inadmissible 5 to Canada. HOW TO COME TO CANADA STEP 1: Receive Letter of Acceptance to The University of Winnipeg STEP 2: Find out whether you need a Study Permit, Temporary Resident Visa and/or Electronic Travel Authorization. See General. STEP 3: Gather required documents for relevant application & complete all required forms. See Applying for a Study Permit/Temporary Resident Visa. STEP 4: Submit application online through CIC website, Visa Application Centre or Visa Office responsible for country of nationality or residence. See Applying for a Study Permit/Temporary Resident Visa. STEP 5: Receive approval of application (receive Temporary Resident Visa in passport, if applicable and Letter of Introduction, if applicable). STEP 6: Arrive at entry point to Canada with Temporary Resident Visa (if required), Letter of Introduction (if required), ETA (if required) and other recommended documents. See How Can I Get Ready to Come to Canada. STEP 7: Enter into Canada and begin studies at The University of Winnipeg.

2 What is a Designated Learning Institution? A Designated Learning Institution (DLI) is a school in Canada that a student must be accepted at before they can qualify for a Study Permit. The University of Winnipeg is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) and our DLI number is: O What is Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)? Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is a department of the Canadian federal government which is responsible for many immigration matters. When you submit an application for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Study Permit (SP), your application is assessed by a CIC staff person. If your application is approved your SP or TRV will be issued by CIC. Applying for a Study Permit/Temporary Resident Visa When should I apply for a Study Permit or Temporary Resident Visa? You should apply for a Study Permit as far in advance as possible, as soon as you receive your Letter of Acceptance from The University of Winnipeg. Application processing times vary significantly, depending on the Visa Office to which you submit your application. An application may take between two weeks and six months (or more) to be processed. If you only require a Temporary Resident Visa, you should apply for a visa two to three months before you wish to enter Canada. For a list of processing times by Visa Office, please see the CIC website ( How do I Apply for a Study Permit? 6 You can submit your application online through the CIC website or by paper through the Visa Application Centre or Canadian Visa Office responsible for your country of nationality or residence. 7 To apply for an initial Study Permit, you must complete a number of forms and provide the following supporting documents: Form: Document Checklist (IMM 5483); Form: Application for a Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1294); Form: Family Information (IMM 5645); A Letter of Acceptance from The University of Winnipeg; A valid passport; Two photos meeting CIC specifications; Evidence that you have enough money to pay for your studies and to support yourself while in Canada; and Letter of Explanation (It is recommended in most cases that you write a letter to explain why you want to come to Canada and how studying in Canada will help you achieve your career and educational goals). The application fee for a Study Permit is $150 CAD. Depending on your personal circumstances, you may need to complete additional forms or provide additional documents with your application. You may also be required to undergo a medical exam performed by a CIC panel physician or submit an original copy of a police certificate/check. If you require both a Study Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa you must submit an application for a Study Permit. If your application is approved, you will be issued a Temporary Resident Visa along with a Study Permit. In this case, you are not required to complete a separate application or pay an additional fee for a Temporary Resident Visa. What type of documents should I show to prove I have enough money to study in Canada? Citizenship and Immigration Canada states that you can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following: Proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada; Proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution; Your bank statements for the past four months (or bank statements from a person who is providing you with money); Bank draft in convertible currency; Proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees (if you choose this option, you can print an official tuition receipt from your Web Advisor account)*; A letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and Proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program. The following table shows the amount of money to which you must demonstrate you have access in order to meet minimum financial requirements.

3 Number of persons All provinces (except Quebec) Single student Tuition plus $10,000 CAD for a 12-month period (or $833 per month) + one family member $4,000 CAD for a 12-month period (or $333 per month) + each additional family member $3,000 CAD for a 12-month period per dependent child of any age (or $255 per month) *Although not a University requirement, some students choose to pre-pay their first year of tuition fees prior to applying for a Study Permit. In some cases, Canadian Visa Offices require the pre-payment of tuition fees. Please check with your Visa Office or Visa Application Centre for more information about this requirement as well as whether there are any additional supporting documentation, specific to your country, which may be required. How do I apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)? If you do not require a Study Permit but need a TRV, you must submit an application for a Temporary Resident Visa online through the CIC website or by paper to the Visa Office or Visa Application Centre responsible for your country of citizenship or residence. To apply for a Temporary Resident Visa, you must complete a number of forms and provide the following supporting documents: Form: Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257) A Letter of Acceptance from The University of Winnipeg; A valid passport; Two photos meeting CIC specifications; Proof of Financial support; and Photocopy of return ticket/travel itinerary. The application fee is $100 CAD. Depending on your personal circumstances, you may need to complete additional forms or provide additional documents with your application. You may also be required to undergo a medical exam performed by a CIC panel physician or submit an original copy of a police certificate/check. Do I need a Medical Exam and/or Police Check? If you need to complete and pass an immigration medical examination, it will be indicated on the document checklist form provided by the Visa Office OR CIC will send you instructions regarding how to do so after you submit your application for a Study Permit or TRV. 8 If you are over 18 years of age, you may also need to provide CIC with a police certificate, showing that you do not have a criminal record. Upon receipt of your application for a Study Permit or TRV, CIC will tell you if you need to obtain a police certificate. 9 Where can I get information and application forms for a Study Permit or Temporary Resident Visa application? Study Permit and Temporary Resident Visa information and application packages can be obtained from: The Citizenship and Immigration Canada website: The Canadian Visa Office responsible for your country of nationality or residence: and The Visa Application Centre responsible for your country of nationality or residence: How will I know if my Study Permit and/or Temporary Resident Visa application is approved? If you have been approved for a Temporary Resident Visa, the Temporary Resident Visa will be placed directly in your passport. If your application for a Study Permit is approved, CIC will issue you a Letter of Introduction. After presenting your Letter of Introduction at the Port of Entry (airport or land crossing) into Canada, you will likely be issued a Study Permit. If your application is refused outside of Canada, you will be given a refusal letter which explains the reasons that you were not granted a TRV or Study Permit. If you have already made a payment for tuition fees to the University and wish to apply to have some or all of these fees refunded because you no longer plan to come to Canada, you must contact International Student Services (ISS) (or the ELP, PACE, or Graduate Studies office) in writing before the start of the term and withdraw from all of your classes. You may be asked to provide a copy of the refusal letter that you received from CIC with your application for a refund.

Очень важная для вас статья:  Эвалюация диплома КФН. WES или UoT Канада

4 In some cases, you may wish to submit a new application for a Study Permit or Temporary Resident Visa, addressing the reasons given by the Visa Office for refusing your first application. If, for any reason, you need to change the date that you will be starting your studies make sure to inform your program office contact in ELP, PACE, or Graduate Studies. If you are an undergraduate student, you can tell The University that you wish to change your start date by completing the Change Start Term form: Can The University contact the Visa Office to speed up the processing of my application or to help me get a Study Permit? No, The University will not contact the Visa Office or Canadian Consulate in order to speed up the processing of your application or advocate for the approval of your Study Permit application. Also, The University will not submit an application to CIC on your behalf. CIC is a government body which makes independent decisions based on Canadian immigration law, regulations, and policies and each student is responsible for submitting their own application to CIC. After the approval of an application How can I get ready for coming to Canada? You can prepare for your arrival in Canada by making sure that you: obtain all of the required immigration documents (Letter of Introduction, if required; TRV, if required; ETA, if required, Passport, etc.); gather all of the recommended supporting documents (i.e.: Proof of Financial Means, Proof of Acceptance or Enrolment, etc.); and read ISS s information sheet Entering Canada : Can I change my program of study or school once in Canada? Yes, you can change your program of study or school even if your Study Permit lists a specific institution and was issued for a specific program of study. However, if your Study Permit was issued after June 1, 2014, you must notify CIC that you have changed your school by completing a form online. In some cases, you may also need to apply to change the conditions on your Study Permit before changing schools or programs of study. Please note that international students are only allowed to study in Canada at Designated Learning Institutions. 10 Can I work anywhere if I have a Study Permit? Your eligibility to work depends on your student status. If you do not hold a Study Permit, you are not eligible to work oncampus or off-campus. For more information on work regulations, please see ISS s Employment webpage: Where can I get more information? Citizenship and Immigration Canada website: International Student Services Immigration Advising webpage: and International Student Services: or DISCLAIMER: This information sheet does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon as a source of legal advice. It is a resource designed to provide general information on Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC s) process for applying for a Study Permit or Temporary Resident Visa outside of Canada and describes existing requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations made under that Act in general terms. CIC s regulations, policies and procedures are subject to change and may change without notice. For the most current information, please visit CIC s website. This resource was produced by a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant in good standing with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council. Revised November 25, Please see the CIC website: for a full list of ETA exemptions. 2 Some individuals who have entered Canada as visitors may apply to switch their status from that of a visitor to that of a Study Permit holder from inside of Canada, without having to leave the country to do so (IRPR,s. 215(1) and s. 215(2)). As of June 1, 2014, these individuals include those who are studying at the preschool, primary or secondary level in Canada, visiting or exchange students, and those who have completed a course or program of study that is a prerequisite to their enrolling at a designated learning institution, such as the University of Winnipeg (IRPR, s. 215(1)(f)). 3 Some foreign nationals are exempt from the requirement to hold a Study Permit when attending a program that is longer than 6 months in duration. Those exempt from this requirement include foreign nationals who are family members of foreign representatives or staff members accredited by DFAIT, members of the armed forces of countries designated under the Visiting Forces Act, individuals who are Registered Indians in Canada, and minor children of those who are authorized to work or study in Canada (IRPR, s.188(1); IRPA, s.30(2))). 4 International students who are studying in an undergraduate program at The University of Winnipeg are required to hold a Study Permit, regardless of how long they plan to study, unless they have been admitted as a visiting/exchange student for one term. This is because all undergraduate programs at The University are considered to be 3 or 4 year programs. While you do not require a Study Permit if you are coming to Canada to attend a course or program of studies that is of six months duration or less (i.e. if your course or program six months or less in length and will be completed within the time you were given at the airport or border point for your visit in Canada), you should still be prepared to show your letter of acceptance, valid passport and proof that you have the funds necessary to support yourself during your course of study to Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) officials at the airport or border when you arrive in Canada. In some cases, you may wish to apply for a Study Permit even if you do not require one. For more information, please see ISS s information sheet, Immigration Information for Visiting/Exchange Students or contact ISS at

5 5 If you are inadmissible, it means that you are not allowed to enter Canada. There are many different reasons that someone might be inadmissible. For example, if someone has had a criminal conviction, lied on an immigration application, or has a serious medical condition he or she could be inadmissible and not eligible to enter Canada. To find out more about inadmissibility, please see this information page: 6 Please note that individuals applying for a Study Permit or Temporary Resident Visa from inside of Canada must follow different procedures from those listed in this section. Please contact ISS at for more information. 7 US Nationals, US Citizens, residents of Greenland/St.Pierre &Miquelon and people who have been lawfully admitted to the US for permanent residence are eligible to apply for a Study Permit at a Port of Entry. For more information, please see ISS s information sheet, Applying for a Study Permit at a Port of Entry. 8 Individuals planning to come to Canada for more than six months and who have been living or travelling in certain countries or territories for more than six months in the year preceding their entry to Canada must complete and pass an immigration medical examination before they will be allowed to enter Canada. For a list of the relevant countries or territories, please see CIC s website at: For more information on immigration medical examination requirements, please see CIC s website at: 9 For more information on obtaining a police certificate, please see CIC s website at: 10 To find out which educational institutions qualify as Designated Learning Institutions, please see CIC website at: All primary and secondary schools in Canada are automatically designated as DLIs although they do not appear on the list.

IMMIGRATION Canada. Rehabilitation For Persons Who Are Inadmissible to Canada Because of Past Criminal Activity. Table of Contents.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada IMMIGRATION Canada Rehabilitation For Persons Who Are Inadmissible to Canada Because of Past Criminal Activity Table of Contents Overview.

Study permits: Letters of acceptance

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

On this page

Establishing acceptance to a designated learning institution (DLI) [R219(1)]

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) strongly encourages DLIs to use the new template prov > (PDF , 73.68KB ) . It contains all of the necessary information and will facilitate the processing of study permit applications.

Students can establish acceptance to a course or program of study by showing officers an original letter of acceptance (or a scanned copy if the applicant is applying through e-Apps) from the DLI that they will be attending.

The following list of items should be included in the letter of acceptance from the DLI submitted by the student at the time of their study permit application:

  • full name, date of birth and mailing address of the student;
  • name of the institution and official contact;
  • DLI number;
  • telephone, fax, website and email information for the institution;
  • type of school or institution (e.g., private or public and, in cases where the institution is publicly funded but not a university, indication as to whether the institution is a post-secondary college, a post-secondary community college or a post-secondary technical college);
  • the field or program of study, level and year of study into which the student was accepted;
  • the estimated duration or date of completion of the course;
  • date on which the selected course of study begins;
  • the last date on which a student may register for a selected course;
  • the academic year of study that the student will be entering;
  • whether the course or program of study is full-time or part-time;
  • the tuition fee;
  • scholarships and other financial aid (if applicable);
  • an expiry date indicating the date until which the letter of acceptance is valid;
  • any conditions related to the acceptance or registration, such as academic prerequisites, completion of a previous degree, proof of language competence, etc.;
  • clear identification of the educational institution, normally confirmed through its letterhead;
  • for study in Quebec, the requirement of a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ); and
  • where applicable, licensing information for private institutions normally confirmed through letterhead.

Letter of acceptance exemptions [R219(2)]

A foreign national is exempt from the letter of acceptance requirement in the following situation:

  • Family members of foreign nationals whose application for a work or study permit is approved in writing before the foreign national enters. This exemption does not guarantee the approval of a study permit application.

Conditional letters of acceptance

When successful completion of a prerequisite course or program is required before admission into a program of study, the DLI may issue a conditional letter of acceptance to a foreign national. This letter should be submitted when the applicant applies to enter Canada as a temporary resident.

When the completion of a prerequisite program, such as English as a second language (ESL) or French as a second language (FSL), is a condition for enrolment in a subsequent program, officers issue a study permit for the length of the prerequisite program plus 1 year.

Students who successfully complete their prerequisite program will then need to apply for a new study permit and demonstrate they have completed the admission requirements.

Missions overseas should still take into consideration the bona fides and available funds for the main program, should the prerequisite be passed, before issuing the travel document for the prerequisite study program.

Joint programs involving more than one institution

Students applying for a study permit for an academic program that is jointly offered by more than one institution in Canada (that is, a university and a college) submit an official letter of acceptance that clearly indicates this. Both institutions must be designated by the province or territory to host international students. The letter of acceptance should be issued by the DLI in Canada that will be granting the degree, diploma or certificate (or, in cases where a degree, diploma or certificate is granted jointly by more than one institution, the letter of acceptance should be issued by the institution at which students will begin their studies). The letter should note that the program of study includes courses or sessions (semesters or courses will be specified) given at the other institution (institution name, type [college, university, technical institute, etc.], and location will be specified).

Officers should associate the study permit application to the DLI that will be granting the degree or diploma (or, where a degree or diploma is granted jointly by more than one institution, the institution at which students will begin their studies).

Officers should also manually input into the Remarks the name of the second institution at which the program is offered.

Study permit renewals

If officers have any doubts when reviewing a study permit renewal application, they are authorized under subsection R220.1(4) to request that students provide evidence that they are or were in compliance with the conditions of their study permit. The applicant may be requested to submit a letter of enrolment or transcript issued by a DLI to indicate that they are enrolled and actively pursuing studies at a DLI.

Очень важная для вас статья:  Горный хребет Тандерберд (Thunderbird Ridge)

Concerns about an institution

Although, as of June 1, 2014, the issuance of study permits is limited to those accepted at a DLI, there may be cases where students present a letter of acceptance from an educational institution where concerns exist about its academic or administrative practices.

If an officer has concerns about an institution or requires verification of an institution, they should contact the Immigration Program Guidance Branch (IPG).

Manitoba Skilled Workers Overseas

Все заявители по программе MPNP (Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program), которые подают заявление на иммиграцию как иностранные квалифицированные работники (Skilled Workers Overseas), должны показать свою связь с провинцией Манитоба. Это может быть либо поддержка (Manitoba Support), оказываемая членами семьи или друзьями, которые проживают в Манитобе, либо ранее полученное образование или опыт работы в провинции (Manitoba Experience), либо ITA (Invitation to Apply — Приглашение подать заявку на иммиграцию) (Manitoba Invitation), полученное непосредственно от MPNP как элемент Strategic Recruitment Initiative (Стратегическая инициатива по трудоустройству). По ссылкам вы можете ознакомиться с информацией о каждом варианте связи с провинцией.

Система «Express Entry» и провинция Манитоба

С 1 января 2015 года Министерство иммиграции Канады запускает систему «Быстрого Въезда» Express Entry Program. Кандидат заполняет свой онлайн профиль, после чего попадает в Express Entry Pool of Candidates и может получить приглашение подать иммиграционную заявку (подробнее о всех шагах и о системе в целом вы можете узнать в разделе Express Entry.

В рамках данной системы провинция Манитоба в 2015 году сможет номинировать максимум 500 заявителей. Эти заявители должны также удовлетворять минимальным критериям одной из трех федеральных программ, предусмотренных «Express Entry»: Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, Canadian Experience Class.

Как это работает?

Квалифицированные работники, которые намерены жить и работать в Манитобе, должны подавать заявку напрямую в MPNP. При этом, оформить онлайн профиль в системе «Express Entry» также можно. Манитоба может номинировать как кандидата, который подал заявку напрямую в MPNP, так и кандидата, который зарегистрирован в системе «Express Entry».

Манитоба может номинировать кандидата, подавшего заявку в MPNP, который удовлетворяет минимальным критериям одной из трех федеральных программ, предусмотренных «Express Entry».

Кандидаты, номинированные Манитобой через систему «Express Entry», получают дополнительно 600 баллов, и сразу получают приглашение оформить иммиграционную заявку для CIC. Процесс рассмотрения иммиграционного досье займет не более 6 месяцев.

Примечание: Манитоба продолжит номинировать заявителей по существующей программе «Квалифицированный работник» и заявителей бизнес-категорий. Этим номинантам не нужно подавать отдельно заявку в системе «Express Entry», но по-прежнему, как это было всегда ранее, после номинации нужно будет подавать иммиграционную заявку в CIC для получения иммиграционной визы.

Выражение Интереса (Expression of Interest) по программе MPNP (Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program)

Если вы удовлетворяете критериям одного из иммиграционных направлений MPNP (Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program), вы можете подать заявление Выражения интереса (Expression of Interest).

Кандидаты дают ответы на вопросы онлайн, и подают свой онлайн-профиль без предоставления сопроводительных документов.

Ваш профиль будет помещен в Pool of Candidates (Базу данных кандидатов), и, на основании ваших ответов, вам будет присвоено определенное количество баллов. Если вы окажетесь среди кандидатов, набравших наивысшие баллы, вам предложат подать иммиграционное заявление по программе MPNP.

Ограничений в сроках подачи, а также в количестве кандидатов, которые могут подать заявление Expression of Interest, нет. Предоставленная информация позволяет определить, имеете ли вы право подавать иммиграционное заявление по программе MPNP.

Примечание: MPNP оставляет за собой право ограничить количество подаваемых заявок по той или иной специальности, исходя из условий рынка труда провинции Манитоба.

Однако, прежде, чем подавать заявление EOI, вам нужно ознакомиться с критериями отбора кандидатов по программе MPNP, поскольку вам нужно удовлетворять многим требованиям, а также сдать языковой экзамен ДО подачи данного заявления.

После подачи заявления у вас будет возможность обновлять информацию, предоставленную в онлайн-профиле Expression of Interest.

Expression of Interest НЕ ЯВЛЯЕТСЯ НЕПОСРЕДСТВЕННО ЗАЯВЛЕНИЕМ НА ИММИГРАЦИЮ. Это – выражение вашей заинтересованности в иммиграции по программе Квалифицированный работник (Skilled Worker) MPNP. Вы должны ответить на все вопросы, и предоставляемая информация должна быть правдивой и полной. В случае предоставления недостоверной информации, вы будете лишены права подавать заявление EOI повторно в течение двух лет.

Как работает Pool of Cand >Ваш профиль будет действителен в течение 1 года от даты его подачи.

Вы получите баллы, исходя из информации, указанной в профиле.

MPNP регулярно отбирает кандидатов с наивысшим количеством баллов и приглашает их подать иммиграционное заявление.

Подача заявления и общение с заявителем происходят в электронном виде, поэтому вы должны указать действительный адрес своей электронной почты.

Для подачи иммиграционного заявления вы сможете использовать профиль, который был создан вами при подаче заявления Expression of Interest.

Вы должны следить за тем, чтобы информация в вашем профиле Expression of Interest всегда была достоверной и точной. Вы также должны обновлять свой профиль в случае любых изменений вашей ситуации.

Если выяснится, что предоставленная информация недостоверна или что вы умолчали о каких-либо важных деталях, ваше заявление будет отклонено, и вы будете лишены права подавать заявление EOI повторно в течение 2 лет.

Получение письма-приглашения о подаче иммиграционного заявления (Letter of Advice to Apply)

Отобранные MPNP кандидаты получают так называемое информационное письмо о подаче иммиграционного заявления (LAA – Letter of Advice to Apply).
После получения этого письма кандидату предоставляется 60 дней для того, чтобы полностью заполнить свое иммиграционное заявление, а именно – предоставить документальное подтверждение информации, предоставленной в заявлении Выражения интереса (Expression of Interest).
В письме LAA будут указаны все дальнейшие шаги, которые вам нужно предпринять. Вы получите полный доступ к своему иммиграционному заявлению, и сможете зайти в свой профиль, созданный на этапе подачи заявления Expression of Interest, дополнив его всем необходимым.

Ваш Expression of Interest будет активен в течение года после даты его подачи.

Для того, чтобы получить большее количество баллов и, соответственно, повысить шансы на получение Letter of Advice to Apply вы можете предпринять следующие шаги:

Усовершенствовать знания иностранного языка, сдать языковой экзамен повторно, получив на нем больший уровень

Получить дополнительное образование

Получить больше опыта работы

Эти факторы играют важную роль в вашем будущем успехе в провинции Манитоба. Цель системы Expression of Interest заключается в обеспечении тесной экономической связи и длительного дальнейшего пребывания в Манитобе отобранных кандидатов.

В целях экономии времени, существуют калькуляторы, которые позволяют проверить соответствие уровней СLB полученным вами результатам тестов.

Ознакомится с системой подсчета баллов в рамках ЕОI можно по следующей ссылке.

Оценить ваши шансы на иммиграцию в Канаду, а также посчитать баллы по Express Entry вы можете бесплатно с помощью нашего онлайн сервиса>>

How to Write an Invitation Letter for Canada Visa?

How to Write an Invitation Letter for Canada Visa?

Getting a Temporary Canada Visa means that you will be visiting Canada for a short period of time, usually 6 months or less. The visit can be for different purposes such as for tourism, visiting friends or family, for business and so on. In some cases, the Canadian Embassy where you are applying will request an invitation letter to Canada from someone you know there.

This article will go through the details of what an invitation letter for visa is, how to get it, as well as sample invitation letters to Canada which you can use.

What is an invitation letter?

An invitation letter for a visitor visa in Canada is a simple signed letter from someone you know well in Canada inviting you to the country. This person can be your friend, family, or business partner, but it must be someone with whom you have a close relationship with and who can verify your identity and purpose for visiting Canada.

The invitation letter is basically a plea from this person in Canada asking the Canadian Consulate to give you a visa and allow you to enter the country. It also serves as a sort of guarantee from the person inviting you to the Consulate that you are not giving false information about your intentions to enter Canada, that you will leave Canada and not overstay your visa, as well as that they can support you financially if you are not able to.

This letter of invitation will serve as further evidence of why the Canadian Consulate should give you a visa to go to Canada. It is an addition to the rest of the application and can strengthen your case if it meets the requirements.

Who can write an invitation letter for Canadian Visa?

As mentioned, an invitation letter for visa can be written by anyone you know well. It can be a close family member such as a parent, sibling, spouse, child, and so on, a close friend or a business partner if you are visiting Canada for business.

The important requirement in any case is that the person sending the invitation letter is a permanent resident or a citizen of Canada. The person inviting you cannot be an illegal immigrant or not have a legal status in Canada. They must have a good standing status as well as a job and stream of income to increase the chances that their letter will have a positive impact on the Canadian Consulate’s decision to give you the visa.

What are the requirements for the invitation letter Canada?

The invitation letter for the Canada Visa must meet a few requirements in terms of the information that it should contain. The person writing the letter must include all of the details below or it is a risk that the Canadian Consulate will not accept the letter and even worse, it can end up hurting your chances of getting the Canadian visa. There are three sets of requirements:

  • The information of the visa applicant;
  • The information of the person inviting the applicant;
  • Specific information for the Super Visa.

The information of the visa applicant

The invitation letter must include the following information about the visa applicant:

  • The full name (first name and last name);
  • Date of birth;
  • Contact information (telephone number and email);
  • Exact address;
  • The relationship that the applicant has with the person inviting them;
  • The purpose of the visit to Canada;
  • The duration of the visit;
  • Where the applicant will stay in Canada and how they will pay for their stay;
  • The date when the person will arrive in Canada and the date they will leave;

The information of the person inviting the applicant

The Canada invitation letter must have this information on the person who is inviting the applicant to Canada:

  • The full name (first name and last name);
  • Date of birth;
  • Contact information (telephone number and email);
  • Exact address in Canada;
  • Status in Canada (Canadian permanent resident or citizen) through providing a copy of their status such as:
    • Canadian citizenship card or passport if the person is a citizen;
    • Canadian birth certificate if the person was born in Canada;
    • Copy of their Permanent Resident card or the IMM 1000 (Proof of Landing document), if they are a permanent resident;
  • The job title;

  • Names and dates of birth of close family members and dependents (spouse or common-law partner and children);
  • The total number of people that live in your household, including people that the person has sponsored or whose sponsorship is still in effect).

Specific information for the Super Visa

The Super Visa is a visa for the parents and grandparents to visit their children or grandchildren for longer than 6 months. Because this visa is valid for longer than other Temporary Resident Visas, additional information in the letter is required besides the one mentioned above. So for those children and grandchildren inviting their parents or grandparents to Canada, they must also include the following:

  • A written and signed declaration that you will financially support your parents or grandparents for their whole stay in Canada;
  • Proof that you have enough income for the total number of people living in your household, including for the visiting parents or grandparents.

Where should you send an invitation letter?

The invitation letter should be signed and dated from the person who is inviting the applicant and if necessary and required by the Canadian Consulate, it should also be notarized. The letter does not need to be submitted as a separate document from the rest of the application.

Instead, the applicant must submit the letter to the Canadian Consulate when they submit the rest of the documents. If applying online, a scanned PDF version of the letter should be attached to the online application. If submitting a physical application, then the letter should be printed and a copy should be included with the rest of the documents.

Sample Invitation Letter for Canadian Visa

In order to have a clearer picture of what a Canadian letter of invitation should look like and what kind of information it should include, you can see a full written letter below with blank spaces where the personal information should be included.

The person inviting the applicant is referred to as “Inviting Person”, while the person being invited is referred to as “Applicant” in the sample below. This sample can be used for any occasion and by any person as long as the relationship is specified and the requirements above are fulfilled.

After that, we have included a completed letter from one person inviting their friend to stay in Canada for reference.

Name of Place in Canada, Date

To the Canadian Embassy in (Country Name)

(Embassy Address)

(Embassy Phone Number)

Subject: Invitation Letter for Mr./Miss (Applicant’s Name)

My name is (Inviting Person’s Name), I was born on (date of birth), and I am from (location in Canada). I am a (status in Canada – citizen or permanent resident) and I live in (address in Canada). My household has (number of people living in the household) and I work (job title, company, and location), earning (monthly or annual salary).

Through this letter, I am inviting (Applicant’s Name), born on (date of birth) and currently living in (address in Foreign Country) to Canada for a short stay. (Applicant’s Name) will be staying in (location and address in Canada such as a hotel or your house) from (date of entry) until (date of departure). I am (Applicant’s Name), (State relationship such as brother, sister, friend, etc), and we will be visiting and touring around Canada for (duration in days or months) in different locations.

(Applicant’s Name) currently works (enter job title and location), earning (monthly or annual salary) with which they will be able to afford the stay in Canada. (Applicant’s Name) is a genuine visitor who will not overstay their visa. Their work obligations in (Name of foreign country) extend and (Applicant’s Name) is needed back to work as soon as they return from Canada.

Please see attached a certified copy of my (Document proving status in Canada such as passport, birth certificate, or PR card) and my bank report for the past 6 months.

Feel free to contact me should you have any further questions regarding myself or (Applicant’s Name).

I look forward to having (Applicant’s Name) visit me in Canada so we can spend time together and visit Canada.

(Inviting Person’s Name)


(Phone number)

(email) Signature

Добавить комментарий