Continuing education courses или 2 years full-time program Канада

Human Resource Management Diploma The University of Winnipeg — Professional, Applied and Continuing Education

Что я буду изучать?

This 4X award winning and CPHR accredited program distinguishes itself from other academic competitors by layering traditional elements of human resource management with a heavy emphasis on leadership, concrete business tools, and effective communication tools.

The full-time program aligns its content to industry-recognized standards and best professional practice, earning graduates top scores on their professional designation examinations. Further, students will have the opportunity to obtain their WHMIS certification through the Managing Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment course Graduates of this program will attain both a Human Resource Management Diploma, a Management Certificate, WHMIS certification and upon graduate become eligible for their CPHR designation.


  • Work in a variety of human resource positions and be able to assume greater levels of responsibility as they grow in their human resource capability.
  • Understand and comply with the employer’s legislative and legal obligations including workplace health and safety regulation, WHMIS legislation, the Worker’s Compensation Act, payroll compliance legislation, and employment standards.
  • Conduct organizational needs assessments, analyze and modify organizational staff development plans and develop effective recruitment strategies to attract talent that satisfies the organizational objectives.
  • Foster a work environment that promotes productivity and employee satisfaction
  • Evaluate performance and communicate performance issues in a manner that encourages responsible and corrective action and manage disciplinary action proactively and thoroughly.
  • Understand the elements of a total compensation package that align with an organizational recruitment and retention strategy, develop compensation policies and procedures, procure benefits, and analyze employee and organizational pension requirements.
  • Exercise sound financial decision-making and budgeting skills
  • Write the Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) Knowledge-Based Exam
  • Human Resource Coordinator
  • Human Resource Director
  • Payroll Administrator
  • Employment Equity Officer
  • Change Management Coordinator
  • Benefits Coordinator
  • Benefits Administrator
  • Compensation Manager
  • Corporate Trainer
  • Corporate Recruiter

Upon completion of this program students will earn two valuable educational credentials: Human Resource Diploma and Management Certificate.

Graduates in good standing will be eligible to obtain the Certified Human Resources Professional (CPHR) designation without having to write the National Knowledge Exam (NKE).

Students graduating from the Management Certificate may apply for the Certified in Management designation (CIM).

Work off campus

On this page

Who can work off-campus

You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program. You can’t work before your studies begin.

You and your employer must make sure you can work off-campus without a work permit before you start working. If you start working off-campus but don’t meet the requirements, you may have to leave Canada.

You can work as an international student in Canada if your study permit lists a condition that says you’re allowed to work on- or off-campus.

You can work off-campus, without a work permit, if you meet all of these requirements:

  • you have a valid study permit that includes a condition that says you can work off-campus
  • you’re a full-time student at a designated learning institution (DLI)
  • you’re enrolled in a
    • post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program, or
    • secondary-level vocational training program (Quebec only)
  • you’ve started studying
  • your study program
    • is at least 6 months long, and
    • leads to a degree, diploma or certificate
  • you have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)

If you’re a part-time student, you can work off-campus only if you meet all of the requirements above and you’re only studying part-time, instead of full-time, because:

  • you’re in the last semester of your study program
  • you were a full-time student in your program in Canada, up until your last semester
  • you don’t need a full course load to complete your program

If you’re on an authorized leave from your studies, or you’re switching schools and you’re not studying:

  • you can’t work off-campus
  • you can only return to work once you’re back to studying

Get a Social Insurance Number to work in Canada

The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a 9 digit number that the Government of Canada gives you. You need it to work in Canada.

To apply for a SIN to work off-campus, you must have 1 of these conditions printed on your study permit:

  • May work 20 hours per week off campus or full time during regular breaks if meeting criteria outlined in paragraph 186(v) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
  • May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria, per paragraph R186(f), (v) or (w) and must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.

If you’re eligible to work off-campus, but we didn’t include either of these conditions on your study permit, you can ask to have them added. There’s no fee to add these conditions to your permit.

You’ll need to request an amendment to your study permit before you can apply for a SIN from Service Canada.

How many hours can you work off-campus?

You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program. You can’t work before your studies begin.

During regular school semesters:

  • you can work up to 20 hours

During scheduled breaks in your school year, like during winter and summer holidays:

  • you can work full-time
  • you can’t work during a break that comes before you start your very first school semester

If your program doesn’t have scheduled academic breaks, you can’t work more than 20 hours per week.

Who can’t work off campus

You can’t work off-campus without a work permit if any of these situations apply to you:

  • your study permit says you aren’t authorized to work off-campus while you study
  • you’re only enrolled in an English or French as a second language (ESL/FSL) program
  • you’re only taking general interest courses
  • you’re only taking courses required to be accepted into a full-time program
  • your situation changes and you no longer meet all of the requirements to work off-campus

If any of these situations apply to you, and you want to work while studying in Canada, you need to apply for a work permit.

If your study situation changed

If you weren’t eligible to work off-campus but now your study situation changed, you may be able to change the conditions of your study permit.

You can apply to change the conditions of your permit if:

  • you’ve changed your study program to one that may allow you to work off-campus and your study permit says “This permit does not permit the holder to engage in off-campus employment in Canada”, or
  • we included a condition on your study permit that may no longer apply

You must apply to change the conditions of your study permit. There is a fee to make this change. You must do this before you can apply for a SIN. To do this, you’ll need to apply for a new study permit from within Canada. Include a letter explaining why you need the condition removed from your study permit with your application.

Очень важная для вас статья:  Иммиграция по программе Nova Scotia Nominee Pilot Project Канада

Working after you complete your study program

After you complete your study program, there are 2 ways you may be able to work full-time:

  • you already applied for a work permit before your study permit expired
  • you’re starting a new study program

You need to meet all the requirements listed below to work full-time. If we refuse your work or study permit application, you must stop working and leave Canada.

You already applied for a work permit

You can work full-time if you meet all of these requirements:

  • were already able to work off-campus during your studies
  • applied for a work permit or post-graduation work permit before your study permit expired
  • are waiting for a decision on your work permit application

You’re starting a new study program

You can work full-time if you meet all of these requirements:

  • were already able to work off-campus during your previous studies
  • have a valid study permit, or you applied to extend your study permit before it expired
  • received written confirmation from your current school that you completed your program
  • received a letter of acceptance to a new full-time study program at a DLI
  • will start your new program within 150 calendar days of receiving the confirmation that you completed your previous program

Diplomas in Early Childhood Education in Canada 2020

A diploma refers to a document awarded to students who successfully complete preset coursework related to a particular topic, field or industry. Diplomas are often awarded by academic institutions after a degree program is completed.Early childhood is a term used to signify the time period of birth to age eight. Focusing on early childhood development and seeking improvements in early childhood ed… Read more

A diploma refers to a document awarded to students who successfully complete preset coursework related to a particular topic, field or industry. Diplomas are often awarded by academic institutions after a degree program is completed.

Early childhood is a term used to signify the time period of birth to age eight. Focusing on early childhood development and seeking improvements in early childhood education may help children to develop the proper physical, mental, and social development needed to grow into healthy adults.

If you are thinking of any higher education system that will affect your life positively while giving you practical knowledge and skills, then Canada’s education system is what you need. Travel to Canada for your education will make you appreciate the creativity and innovation of the lecturers in these higher learning institutions.

Top Diplomas in Early Childhood Education in Canada 2020

Apprenticeship Programs

Apprenticeship Programs

Apprenticeship is a system of learning by doing. It consists of on-the-job training with an employer and related class studies in college. Apprenticeships vary from two to five years, depending on the trade. Centennial apprenticeship programs will prepare you for an exciting future as a skilled professional in the transportation field, one of Canada’s largest industries.

We offer traditional apprenticeship training and Modified Apprenticeship Programs (MAPs), with special features for qualified applicants.

  • An earn while you learn training approach
  • Professors with extensive, current experience in industry
  • state-of-the-art facilities at the province’s largest transportation training centre
  • You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
  • In-school training is geared to on-the-job experience

At the conclusion of your apprenticeship, you can write the exam for your Certificate of Qualification. Passing the Certificate of Qualification exam means you can qualify for a Certificate of Apprenticeship from the Ministry of Advanced Education & Skills Development, and that you are certified in your chosen occupation.

Please note: You cannot apply directly to the college for admission to a traditional apprenticeship. You must first be currently employed as an apprentice.

Continuing Education FAQ

Q: Where do I find out which courses are being offered this term?

A: We have a course catalogue for each term which lists what is being offered, when it will be offered, and the fee of the course.

You can also visit the Find a Course page to see an alphabetical list of courses offered and register right from that page.

Q: How do I know when I can register for a course or a specific program?

A: We have three main intakes in Continuing Education — Fall, Winter, and Spring. Fall courses begin in September and registration opens in August. Winter courses begin in January and registration opens in November. Spring courses begin at the end of April/beginning of May and registration opens in March. We also have online courses that have monthly start dates throughout each term. Visit our OntarioLearn page to see when online courses will be available each term.

Q: I’m interested in taking a specific program at Mohawk College. Where can I find more information?

A: Visit the CE Program Search page to search for the program you are interested in. You can then visit the individual Program Page to find information on admission requirements, the program of study, learning outcomes, employment opportunities, and much more. All programs currently offered are also found in the Continuing Education Catalogue with current course offering, fee, and scheduling information.

Q: What is a Program of Study?

A: The Program of Study lists all of the courses a student needs to complete to receive an acknowledgement of completion, certificate, or diploma. The program of study can be found on the program page and in the catalogue.

Q: How many courses can I take per term/semester?

A: This varies depending on which program you are pursuing. In general, you may take as many courses as you want per semester, however it is important to look closely at the Program of Study for your desired certificate, diploma or acknowledgment, as many courses have prerequisites and must be completed in a specific order. Depending on your other time commitments, you may wish to start with one or two courses, then you will get a sense of the workload relative to your personal situation.

Q: What is the meaning of the number of hours given for online courses?

A: The number of hours shown are «equivalent classroom hours». Thus, the workload for a 42 hour online course would be about the same as if you took a course through the traditional classroom delivery that is offered three hours per week for 14 weeks. In general, the workload of an online course equals or is greater than an in-class course. We estimate that the student workload for one course is approximately 6 — 10 hours per week.

Q: I have registered for a course, what are my next steps?

A: You will receive a receipt indicating the course you have registered for and it will provide you with a Mohawk ID, email address, and login information to access MyMohawk which is our portal for access to eLearn, email, registration, payment processes, grades and more. You receive an Acknowledgment of Registration immediately when registering in person. If you register online or via fax/mailing, you will receive your acknowledgement of registration in the mail.

Очень важная для вас статья:  Express Entry для провинциальных программ Канада

Q: Do I need a student card as a Continuing Education student?

A: Our student cards are called a ONE Card but they are not mandatory for Continuing Education students. While it is commonly used for identification purposes, your ONE Card can also be used for food purchases on campus, purchases at the bookstore, Mohawk Library privileges and equipment loan, discounts at external vendors in the Hamilton area, and printing and photocopying. If you wish to purchase a card you can buy one at the ONE Card office for $10.

Q: I am registered for an in-class course or workshop, where do I find my classroom location?

A: Classroom locations are posted on WhereEnCampus. Under Continuing Education Room List on the left hand side, click All Courses and search for your course title or course code in the box at the right.

Q: How much does the program cost?

A: Fees are displayed next to available courses in the catalogue. In Continuing Education, you pay for each course individually as you register.

Q: How does Online Learning Work? Can I do courses at my “own pace”?

A: There are many benefits to taking an online course, including having some flexibility to fit your schedule, and being able to complete coursework from anywhere. However, you cannot start courses late, nor finish early. Visit our Online Learning webpage for important information regarding online learning, including information on OntarioLearn and eLearn.

Q: I am having technical difficulties with my online course, who can I contact to get help?

A: For online courses offered through eLearn, contact the Mohawk College Help Desk. For courses offered through OntarioLearn, you may contact the 24 hour OntarioLearn Help Desk . Instructions on accessing your online course can be found on our Online Learning webpage.

Q: Where do I find my textbooks?

A: You can search for textbooks through the Mohawk College Bookstore.

Q: Where do I write exams, if there are any?

A: Many online courses have an in-person exam which will be written at the Fennell campus. However, exams can be coordinated at a number of different locations across the province for those students who reside a considerable distance from Mohawk College. Visit our Exams for Online Courses webpage for important information regarding exams and our proctor process.

Q: I have completed all courses needed for my Acknowledgement of Completion. How do I receive this document?

A: When you have successfully completed all the courses in your Program of Study, and your grades appear on your academic record, you may request your Acknowledgement of Completion. Complete and submit the online Request for Acknowledgement of Completion form. Your Acknowledgement of Completion will be mailed to you at the address you supply. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery.

Q: I have completed all courses needed to receive my Certificate/Diploma. What are the next steps?

A: You may request your certificate/diploma once all your final grades have been posted for the required courses in your program. Regardless of whether or not you wish to attend the Convocation ceremony, you still need to apply to graduate. Continuing Education Convocation takes place in October of each year. Eligible students are responsible for applying to graduate by August 15th. Residency requirements and course/program currency requirements must be met. Visit our Preparation for Convocation page for full details.

Q: Are there resources available to help me succeed in my Continuing Education studies?

A: Mohawk College has many services that are available to all students. Visit our Contacts and Services webpage to explore the many ways we can help you.

Q: Is there a chance my course could be cancelled?

A: The college may need to cancel courses from time to time. If a course must be cancelled or rescheduled, diligent effort will be made to contact students before the course is scheduled to begin. Other course options will be presented to students at this time so they may continue their studies. Should these options not be suitable, students will receive a full refund in the form of a cheque in approximately 4 to 6 weeks at the address they have on file.

Q: I need to withdraw from my course, will I be penalized?

A: You can withdraw from your course and receive a refund (minus a $20 administrative fee) within 6 days after the course start date. To avoid academic penalty you must withdraw 10 days prior to the course end date. You can withdraw online.

Q: How do I receive my final grade?

A: Approximately four to six weeks after the end of your course, you can log in to MyMohawk to view your grades. Choose Academics from the left-side menu. You will see a link to Final grades in the My Grades box. If you are waiting for grades outside of this timeframe, contact your CE program area.

Q: How can I apply for an Exemption?

A: Students who have taken courses similar to those in the Program of Studies at Mohawk College or another academic institution may apply for an exemption to receive credit for the course(s). Exemptions are processed online through MyMohawk. Choose Academics from the left-side menu. You will see a link to Apply for a course exemption in the Course Tools box. Note that exemptions are granted by the individual academic area. View the Course Exemptions page to read more about the exemption process.

Q: Can I get credit for Prior Learning/Experience?

A: Mohawk College recognizes that college-level learning can take place in a variety of settings both inside and outside the traditional classroom. Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition (PLAR) focuses on the evaluation of prior learning rather than formal educational courses used in the academic transfer of credits or course exemptions. PLAR evaluates knowledge and skill on an individual basis. Credit is granted when learning level and content match the objectives of a specific course. A valid student number is required. Visit the Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition website for more information.

Continuing education courses или 2 years full-time program? Канада

If you decide to study in Canada, you will realize soon that it is a great future investment and a smart decision. Canada is the world’s second-largest country, rich and successful, and it is also ranked as one of the best places to live in the world because of it’s high quality of education and life. Moreover, that’s a chnce to live in multilingual encironment — Canada has two official languages, English and French. By the way, Canadians are considered to be one of the most educated nations in the woeld.

In Canada, regions are responsible for their own education systems. So there are ten provinces and ten (not totally, but slightly) different higher education systems that reflect territorial history, organization, etc.

Canada is not a participant of the Bologna process, that’s why country`s national higher education system is divided into undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree. Bachelor degrees (BA) are referred to as undergraduate degrees and Masters degrees (MA/MS) are commonly referred to as postgraduate degrees.

Undergraduate degrees in Canada can take either three or four years to complete, depending on the university. . Students with good academic results may be able to get scholarships when joining the program. The universities in Canada are flexible and this enables students to change bachelor degree programs easily. Students may also be able to combine two programs and this enables them to get two degrees at the same time.

Очень важная для вас статья:  Законодательство Канады. Помощь коллегам юристам Канада

Postgraduate degrees take between one and three years to complete, depending on the type of degree. To start your postgraduate degree studies in Canada you will need a language certificate and an undergraduate degree diploma (BA). The layout of the program will largely depend on its aim — to prepare students for a future career or for further research. PhD (doctoral) programs in Canada are availabe for students with just an undegraduate degree — no need to get your master’s if you plan to become a researcher in this country.

Canadian universities offer study programs in various fields. Currently, there are more than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate degree programs offered in Canada, as well as professional degree programs and certificates. However, higher education in Canada is especially famous for its degrees in humanities, business, management and education.

Page Not Found

University of Calgary
Continuing Education
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1N4

By continuing to use this site, you permit us to place cookies on your browser and agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Digital Privacy Statement. Please review the Digital Privacy Statement for details and instructions on changing your cookie preferences.

Session Time-Out



Privacy Policy

The University of Calgary is committed to protecting the privacy of its students.

Continuing education courses или 2 years full-time program? Канада

High quality of education at competitive prices

Convenient schedule of training

Classes in interactive form involving modern learning technologies

Experienced RUDN University teachers and embedded contractors and practitioners

Developing further education programs on partner organizations’ demand

34 units of further vocational education: RUDN University training facilities, institutes and faculties of further training train specialists in accordance with the rapidly changing demands of the labor market;

Over 1500 programs. RUDN University has over 1500 programs of further training and professional retraining of different specialization. The course duration is from 16 to 1600 hours. A number of programs are realized involving online and distance learning technologies;

42 programs of further education involving e-learning and distance training including online training are put on the specialized web portal of distance learning of further vocational education —;

Over 25 countries where the programs of further education are implemented. RUDN University in cooperation with its foreign partners develops and implements the international programs of further education including the ones in foreign languages.

Working While Studying in Canada: Options for Students

September 25, 2013 by CIC News

There are a number of possible options for international students to work while pursuing their programs of study in Canada. Depending on a student’s situation, s/he may be eligible to work on-campus, off-campus, or as part of an internship or co-op program. In addition, the spouses of international students can usually work in Canada if desired.

Working On-Campus

A foreign student does not need a work permit in order to work on-campus at a post-secondary educational institution in Canada. However, the student must hold a valid study permit, and be studying full-time at one of the following:

  • A public post-secondary institution; or
  • A private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution and receives half of its overall operations budget from government grants; or
  • A private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.

Most post-secondary institutions in Canada have career and placement services offices that can help students find and apply for on-campus jobs. In addition, there may be online job postings for specific faculties that will help students find jobs in specific fields of study.

Working Off-Campus

An international student requires a work permit in order to work off-campus. In order to be eligible for an off-campus permit, the student must be studying full-time at a participating, publicly funded educational institution or eligible privately funded institution. A list of eligible institutions can be found here.

It is important to note that students enrolled in some programs at private institutions will not be eligible to work off-campus. Students enrolled in private institutions should contact their schools directly to determine if their programs meet requirements.

Students who hold off-campus work permits may work up to 20 hours per week during the academic season. During breaks such as winter and summer holidays and spring break, they are permitted to work full-time. International students cannot begin to work off-campus until they have received work permits, and they must maintain status as full-time students in good academic standing in order to continue working.

Before applying for an off-campus work permit, a student must have studied for six months out of the year preceding their application. For more information, please click here.

Internship or Co-op Program

Some post-secondary educational programs include work experience as an important component of their curriculums. In these cases, the work being completed is considered a co-op or internship. In order to participate in a co-op or internship, international students need work permits in addition to their study permits.

To apply for a work permit, a student must hold a valid study permit, their intended employment must be an essential part of their academic program in Canada, and the employment must be a required component of the program. The employment requirement must be certified with a letter from a responsible academic official of the institution. In addition, the internship or co-op cannot constitute more than half of the total program of study.

Open Work Permits for the Spouses of International Students

The spouse or common-law partner of an international student is eligible to apply for an open work permit. The foreign student must hold a valid study permit and be studying full-time at one of the following:

  • A public post-secondary institution; or
  • A private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution and receives half of its overall operation sbudget from government grants; or
  • A private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.

The spouse’s open work permit will be valid for the same period as the study permit issued to the international student. The accompanying spouse or common-law partner is not required to obtain a job offer before receiving an open work permit.

Benefits of Working while Studying

In addition to the extra income, working in Canada may help students who plan to work or immigrate after their studies.

“Canada has a generous policy of allowing foreign students to work during their studies in Canada,” said Attorney David Cohen. “Not only does this allow these students to gain valuable Canadian work experience; it helps them to establish contacts for post-graduation employment. Such employment may later help them in an application for Canadian Permanent Residency.”

Working in Canada on a post-graduate work permit may enable students to apply for Canadian Experience Class, Quebec Experience Class, or one of the many Provincial Nomination Programs. Many of these programs have been created with facilitating Permanent Residency for foreign graduates in mind.

To learn find out if you are eligible to study in Canada, please fill out a free online assessment today.

Добавить комментарий