SP and OWPPGWP Канада

Содержание поста:

Как получить Post-Graduate Work Permit(PGWP) в Канаде?

Оформляется только единожды

Открытое разрешение на работу– возможность работы у любого работодателя, любая работа, в любом месте в Канаде.
Предложение работы (Job offer) не требуется.
Можно устроиться на работу, в то время как утверждают PGWP.
Возможность смены работодателя в любое время.

На какой срок?

Если ваша учебная программа:
Длительностью более 8 месяцев, но менее 2 лет:

  • У вас есть право на участие в программе PGWP сроком на 1 год.

Длительностью два года и более:

  • У вас есть право на 3-летнюю PGWP.


  • Постоянно обучались в Канаде и получили диплом об окончании.
  • Имейте действительное разрешение на учебу.
  • Подать заявление нужно в течение 90 дней с момента получения письменного подтверждения (официальное письмо или стенограмма). от NSCC, что вы завершили все учебные курсы.

Вы не подходите если:

  • Ваша программа длительностью менее восьми месяцев.
  • Вы участник определенных финансируемых программ или учебных стипендий.
  • Вы участвуете в программе дистанционного обучения либо из-за рубежа, либо из самой Канады.
  • Вы ранее участвовали в программе PGWP.

Виды занятости:

PGWP позволяет работать неполный рабочий день или полный рабочий день у любого работодателя, в любой профессии, в любой точке Канады или быть самозанятым.
НО! Самозанятость не учитывается по отношению к опыту работы необходимому для получения статуса PR (Permanent Resident).

г. Уфа тел.: +7 (347) 2739090
адрес: г. Уфа, ул. Чернышевского, 82, БЦ «Капитал», офис 320Б

г. Санкт-Петербург тел.: +7 911 118 22 59
м. Сенная пл. ул. Ефимова 4А , 6 этаж офис 613

г. Москва тел.: +7 (929) 66-18-664
м. Китай-город, ул. Забелина 1, офис 15

г. Краснодар тел.: +7 (988) 244-78-89
ул. Российская, 257/2

Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) — Canada

Within 90 days of completing your program requirements (i.e. starting when your final grades are available, NOT the date of your convocation ceremony ), ideally BEFORE leaving Canada.


have studied full-time for the eight months preceding the completion of your program apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation from College/University that you have met the requirements of your program; have completed and passed your program of study and received written notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma, or certificate; and have a valid study permit when applying for the work permit


You must have a valid study permit when you submit your application. If needed, apply in advance to extend your study permit (known as a “bridge extension”) before you complete your program — this extends your study permit for 90 days after your anticipated program completion date.
After completing your studies, you may work full-time between the date you apply for a post-graduation work permit and the date a decision is made on your application, as long as you stay in Canada.
You may apply for only one post-graduation work permit in your lifetime.
You do not need a job offer to apply.
Your post-graduation work permit will not be issued beyond the expiry date of your passport. If you are eligible for a longer work permit than your passport will allow, you must apply for your PGWP after renewing your passport.
If you are a Masters or Diploma student and your completion letter does not clearly explain the length of your program, include your final transcripts to prove the length of your program.


The program of study must be a minimum of two years for the graduate to obtain the three year work permit. However, if the program was less than two years but longer than eight months, the graduate can still obtain a work permit for the same duration as the program of study. In cases where a student has obtained a one year degree or diploma from an accredited educational institution of having successfully completed a previous accredited Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma, he or she may qualify for a three-year open work permit.
While a student must have been studying full time in the eight months preceding the date of application for an open work permit, an exception is made in the case where a student fulfills all the requirements except full time study in the last session of their program. For example, if a student only needs two courses in the final session to complete the program but all previous study has been full time, the student may still apply for the Post-Graduate Work Permit Program.


Renew your Medical Services Plan (MSP) coverage.
Renew (or apply for) your Social Insurance Number (SIN). You need a SIN to work and get paid in Canada.
Apply for a new Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter Canada (if your country of citizenship requires one).
Be prepared to prove at the border every time you enter Canada that you can support yourself financially. If you don’t have a job, bring proof that you are actively looking for work (your resume, list of jobs you apply for, etc.)

How can your PGWP help you get Canadian PR?

Posted on November 23, 2020

Many aspiring students come to Canada each year with a goal to obtain the Post Graduate Work Permit. It not only helps them gain Canadian work experience but also helps with qualifying for PR.

The most popular program for Permanent Residency in Canada is the Express Entry. However, many students who do not have a foreign post-secondary education or foreign work experience may find it difficult to score enough CRS points. Only those applicants who have high CRS points manage to get an invite for Canadian PR.

The PGWP is a wonderful way to obtain Canadian work experience which can help you get additional points for your Canadian PR. However, before you apply for your PGWP, it is best to calculate your likely CRS scores. You may need to develop an alternate strategy to manage to get an invite for your PR.

The highest CRS Points are a combination of both foreign and Canadian education as well as work experience.

For many young students, it may be advisable to defer their Canada studies until they first obtain a foreign degree. They may also obtain a couple of years of foreign experience in an occupation on the NOC O, A, or B category.

Students who are already pursuing their studies in Canada may want to defer their PGWP. It may be best for them to gain an additional degree to help with their CRS points. The CRS awards a significant amount of points for candidates having two or more degrees. One of those degrees should be of 3-years or longer, as per Asian Pacific Post.

Another significant factor that helps garner additional points is language proficiency in English or French. A test score equivalent to CLB 9 or above is crucial to gaining those extra points for an invite.

You can only ever obtain one Post Graduate Work Permit. Most international students are unaware of the same.

If your ultimate goal is to settle in Canada, it is important that you are aware of your like CRS scores. Doing so before you apply for a PGWP may help you garner enough points for a Canadian PR.

Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspiring overseas students including Student Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry PR Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

For latest visa rules and updates visit Canada Immigration News.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Post-Graduate Work Permit

Foreign nationals who complete a post-secondary program (or certain secondary programs) as international students in Canada may be eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). These work permits authorize recent international students to remain in Canada to live and work after their studies are complete.

Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWPs) are open work permits , meaning that they grant foreign nationals the freedom to work for different employers in different locations. Unlike the vast majority of Canadian work permits, the PGWP does not require a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for successful applicants. PGWPs enable many recent graduates to gain valuable Canadian work experience. With enough work experience in Canada, many foreign nationals become eligible for Canada’s permanent residency programs, including one of the following pathways:

Continue reading below to learn more about the eligibility criteria and application procedure for Post-Graduation Work Permits in Canada and the benefits of completing Canadian educational programs as an international student .

Eligibility Criteria

In order to be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) a foreign national must be at least 18 years old and have continuously studied full-time in Canada in a program of at least 8 months. The study program must have been completed at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in one of the following types of programs listed below. As well, in order to apply for the work permit, a foreign national must apply within 180 days of the completion of their study program.

Очень важная для вас статья:  Список сайтов для аренды жилья Канада

If an applicant is applying from within Canada, they must have valid status at the time of application. If their study permit has expired or will expire they may apply for status as a visitor before applying for the PGWP. However, applicants who apply for a PGWP prior to the expiration of their study permit are eligible to begin working full time immediately, while their application is processing. Applicants may apply for a PGWP from overseas.

Eligible Levels of Study

The following levels of study and programs are eligible for PGWPs:

  • public post-secondary school, such as a college, trade/technical school or university, or CEGEP in Quebec; or
  • private post-secondary school that operates under the same rules as public schools (only applies to certain institutions in Quebec); or
  • private secondary or post-secondary school (in Quebec) that offers qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer, leading to a diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP) or an attestation de spécialisation professionnelle (ASP); or
  • Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law only for those enrolled in study programs leading to a degree as authorized by the province.

It should be noted that certain international students who receive funding through Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and some foreign financial aid programs may be ineligible for post-graduation work permits. A post-graduation work permit can be valid for any length of time between eight months and three years. A PGWP will not be issued for a duration longer than the applicant’s duration of study in Canada. Generally, the PGWP will be approximately the same duration as the applicant’s period of Canadian study, up to a maximum of three years.

Benefits of Studying in Canada

Canada offers world-class educational opportunities in a country which boasts a high quality of life for its residents! Canada has a reputation as a safe and welcoming country with a rich history of multiculturalism, positioning itself as an excellent choice for international students.

Foreign nationals hoping to improve their skills for employment, or who wish to open to door to future Canadian immigration options should consider studying in Canada as an international student. Learn more about the benefits of becoming an international student in Canada and the possible pathways for immigrating to Canada permanently after studies !

Ready to start?

Free Immigration Assessment

Discover your Canadian immigration options! Complete our free assessment today and a member of the Canadim Team will contact you to discuss your immigration to Canada.

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

Please note, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has been renamed by the federal government. Now known as Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). At present, IRCC’s website remains www.cic.gc.ca

Post graduate work permit (PGWP) is a great program for those International students who would like to acquire valuable Canadian work experience after graduation. Also, this program is one of the br >work full time while they wait for the Immigration Officer’s decision (implied status) regarding their PGWP application as long as the student applied within 90 days of program completion while their study permit is still valid. A Study Permit will be invalid at 90 days after program completion, even if the expiry date on the study permit is for longer. Therefore, VIU students are advised to apply within 90 days of program completion in order to take advantage of being able to work full time while waiting for their PGWP approval. This work experience, if in an eligible work category, counts for Canadian work experience that can be applied to gaining more points towards permanent residency.

Post Graduate Work Permit Presentation 2020

Length of the PGWPs

The length of PGWP depends on the student’s study program length, the actual amount of time the student spent studying and duration of studies while the student was physically in Canada. PGWP can be granted for a maximum of three years. For example, if an International student graduated from VIU with a four year BA degree program, she/he would only be eligible for a maximum three year PGWP. If the student graduated from a one year PDDB program at VIU, they would be eligible only for a one year PGWP. It is important to note that even if the student completes a one year program in two years, they are still only eligible for a one year PGWP. If a student completes two one year programs in 1.5 years, an officer may issue a work permit for only 1.5 years. If a student accelerates the graduation of a two-year program and completes it in 1.5 years they may be eligible for up to a 3-year work permit. Students who were not enrolled continuously full time in their programs may not qualify for PGWP unless they have received formal permission — “leave of absence” from their program.

In general, graduating from a study program that is equal to two years or more, qualifies a graduate for up to three years of work permit. If the program of studies less than two years but more than eight months, student will be granted work permit for the duration of the program of studies. For example, graduates of VIU’s Bachelor of Hospitality Management four year program or Hospitality Management two year Diploma program both will be eligible for a three-year PGWP.

Each International graduate’s case for PGWP will be different. Students may graduate from the same program of study at VIU, but each applicant’s circumstances is different. Immigration officers can also interpret the duration of studies in different ways so there’s no guarantee of the length of the PGWP.

NOTE: Time spent outside Canada (co-op, thesis writing, online courses, etc.) will likely be subtracted from PGWP length.

Who’s eligible for PGWP?

To be eligible for a PGWP a student must have:

    graduated from a full-time academic, vocational or professional program at VIU which is longer than 8 months

received written confirmation that the student has successfully completed the program

received a graduation letter (Bldg.255) and official transcript (Bldg.200 or order online from student account)

continuously studied full time (minimum 9 credits per semester) except for the final semester where part-time studies are allowed

  • a student must cease any type of work upon completion of the program of study. If applied for PGWP within 90 days on a valid study permit can start working full time from the date of application.
  • a student may apply up to 180 days after program completion, but applying later than 90 days may lead to disadvantages. Please consult with Immigration Advisor.
  • NOTE: Study Permits will be invalid 90 days after completing the program of study even if the date indicates it is valid for a longer period. Program completion day at VIU is the date when students receive formal notification of completion of the program or student’s final marks are issued. Please remember, the clock starts ticking for 90 days from the date of program completion.


    Who’s ineligible for PGWP?

    International students must take into consideration the possible negative consequences of planning to enroll in online courses. A small percentage (1-2) of online courses for the duration of the entire studies is acceptable, but no more than that.

    studied online inside or outside of Canada, the length of the program is 6 months or less

    obtained Canadian government scholarship (Canadian Commonwealth, CIDA, DFAIT)

    obtained Fullbright or Killam Fellowships

    Rotary exchange students

    obtained scholarship Canada-Chile or Canada-China

  • studied part-time, took time off without universities permission
  • not studied continuously full time
  • non-compliance with study permit conditions or other.
  • How to apply for PGWP?

    International students graduating from VIU can apply inside or outside Canada within 180 of program completion (note advantages above of applying within 90 days):

    • Online (application processing time is shorter and it is a one-step process)
    • Paper (application processing time is longer and application fee must be paid online)

    Students from visa exempt countries and the US, Greenland or St. Pierre and Miquelon, have an option to apply at a Canadian Port of Entry (POE). There can be complicating factors to apply at a POE, so if considering this option please see a VIU Immigration Advisor. Spouses of International graduates will not be authorized automatically for the postgraduate open work permit. It will be a two-step process for spouses. When the International graduate is employed in a high skills position, they can apply for their spouse’s open work permit with a copy of their job contract and with three pay slips. Processing fee for PGWP is $155 CAD, the open work permit fee is $100 CAD.

    Before and After you apply

    Before you apply for the Post Graduate Work Permit, please attend VIU immigration information sessions or come to one-on-one drop in sessions (15 minutes) with your questions.

    If, after you have applied, you do not receive any information within the posted processing time check your application at the IRCC web-site by choosing one of the following:

    1. Visiting, studying, working temporarily
    2. Work permit extension (new employer)

    Can I work full time while waiting to receive my PGWP?

    Yes, see this website for more details: » They can continue to work off campus prov >»

    If you have questions regarding your PGWP application or made an error, you may contact IRCC (formerly CIC) using the following options:

    All international students must meet graduation requirements and criteria established by their respective academic programs and successfully complete the required number of work terms indicated in the program outline.

    The content of this page is not a substitute for legal immigration advice. It is for information purposes only and can change without notice. Please refer to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website for up-to-date information.

    Assistance With Your Application

    If, after you have started your application and reviewed the step-by-step instructions in the tutorials available at the Reception Desk in Building 255, and still have questions, please drop-in to see VIU International Immigration Advisor: See advising schedule here: https://international.viu.ca/drop-hours

    Очень важная для вас статья:  Очередной желающий иммигрировать просит совета Канада

    NOTE: Bring your application documents with you, your passport, study permit and student card. Follow this links to contact the international student advisors.

    куртки Canada Goose — официальный дисконт

    О НАС

    В нашем интернет-аутлете возможно купить куртку или парку Canada Goose из прошлой коллекции по большой скидке.

    За годы плодотворной работы наша команда наладила прямые поставки от ведущих европейских и американских аутлетов. Мы предлагаем лучшие цены за оригинальную продукцию бренда Canada Goose.

    Наш склад находится в Москве, что позволяет доставить товар в кратчайшие сроки по всей России и СНГ.


    Покупая куртку «Канада Гус» в нашем интернет-магазине Вы получаете гарантию 3 месяца.

    Оплата заказа производится только после того, как Вы сами убедитесь в качестве нашей продукции.

    Вы праве вернуть/обменять товар в течение 14 дней с момента покупки.

    О бренде

    Компания Canada Goose была создана в середине 20 века иммигрантом из Польши Сэм Тик, позже к нему присоединяется его зять — Дэвид Рейс. В 1982г. Сэм продает свою долю Дэвиду. Он дважды переименовывает компанию: окончательное название было утверждено в 90-х годах во время выхода компании на европейские рынки. В 2001 году у руля компании встал сын Дэвида – Дани Рэйс, который и утвердил на всех рынках нынешнее название бренда.

    На всю продукцию наносятся слова «Made in Canada», которые отражают географию фабрик, где шьется будущая продукция.

    В 2004 году фильм «Послезавтра» заключил соглашение с Canada Goose. На экранах главный герой был экипирован исключительно в одежду данного бренда. Благодаря этой картины компания выходит на новый уровень. Бренд поддерживает различные благотворительные и социальные организации, которые занимаются добрыми делами. Продукцию компании можно найти более чем в 40 странах.

    SP and OWP/PGWP Канада

    Chapman’s won two awards at the International Ice Cream Consortium (IICC). The company’s new Yukon Caribou Ice Cream Bar won Gold for its launch and a Silver for its most recent energy conservation efforts.Chapman’s inspiring Yukon Caribou Ice Cream Bar campaign grabbed the attentional of the IICC this year receiving the Best Commercial Solution Award. [Learn more]

    CPAWS responds to approval of massive expansion of Lake Louise Ski Area in Banff National Park

    September 13, 2020 Responding to Parks Canada’s announcement last Friday evening of the final approval of a Long-Range Plan for the Lake Louise Ski Area (LLSA) in Banff National Park, CPAWS continues to be deeply concerned about the impact of this massive ski resort expansion on the park’s wildlife and wilderness. “From the outset of [Learn more]

    CPAWS Welcomes Sandra Schwartz as National Executive Director

    The National Board of Trustees of Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS) is pleased to announce that Sandra Schwartz has been appointed as our new National Executive Director, effective September 2020. Ms. Schwartz joins us with over 20 years’ experience within the Federal Government (Ministries of Environment, Natural Resources, and Office of the Leader of the Opposition) and [Learn more]

    Post-Graduation Work Permit

    You can view a recording of a Post Graduate Work Permit Webinar

    Important Notice: Border Hours for Students Flagpoling
    Please note the office hours if you are currently in Canada and planning to visit the St-Bernard-de-Lacolle or St-Armand/Phillipsburg borders to renew or obtain your work permit. Some requests may not be processed due to high volumes and excessive wait times.
    (details Border hours): Monday — Thursday : 12pm to 7pm Saturday: 9am to 5pm

    Students who have completed a McGill degree can obtain a Post Graduation Work Permit. The Post Graduation Work Permit is an open work permit, with the following benefits:

    • no job offer requirement
    • a duration of up to 3 years (depending on the official length of program completed)
    • eligibility for Provincial Healthcare (information on applying for healthcare in Quebec can be found here)

    For complete details, visit the Immigration Canada website.

    IMPORTANT transcript information: Immigration Authorities will not accept a transcript with the “COPY” remarks on it. The use of an e-transcript with the “COPY” remarks will lead to the refusal of your PGWP application. The “COPY” remarks will appear when you print the e-transcript or download it improperly. For information or questions about the e-transcript please see McGill Student Record’s website.

    In order to ensure that Immigration Authorities accept your transcript, we recommend that you only use the printed official transcript ordered through Service Point. For online applications, you may scan a PDF of the printed official transcript by using a uPrint (McGill Printing) or a high resolution scanner.


    Eligibility for the Post-Graduation Work Permit

    In order to apply you must meet the following requirements:

    1. You must have maintained full-time status in Canada every academic semester, with the exception of your last academic semester (Please see: Part-time status in final academic session). IMPORTANT: If you have a gap in your studies, took a leave of absence or if you were part-time in a semester other than your final term, we recommend that you speak to an Immigration Advisor before applying for your PGWP.
    2. You must apply for a work permit within 180 days of receiving written confirmation from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program (e.g. a final transcript or an official letter confirming program completion). See below for more information on how to apply during these 180 days.
    3. If you are applying from inside Canada at the time of application, you must hold a valid study permit or have valid visitor status.

    IMPORTANT! The date of completion of your academic program is NOT the same as the date of convocation (your graduation ceremony). Your official date of completion of studies generally occurs before your convocation date.

    IMPORTANT! You can only obtain a PGWP once in your lifetime.
    If you plan to complete more than 1 degree/diploma/certificate in Canada, consider carefully when it would be most strategic to take advantage of this one-time opportunity.

    Proof of Completion of Program Requirements

    Your degree is officially granted once McGill Senate has met to approve degrees. For exact dates as to when Senate will meet, please see the McGill Senate website under Meeting dates. If your last term is:

    • Winter, Senate will meet in May;
    • Summer, Senate will meet in October;
    • Fall, Senate will meet in February.

    After Senate has met to confirm your graduation, you can generate a letter directly from Minerva that confirms that you have met all the requirements to graduate (Minerva: Student Menu > Student Records > Letters-Proof of Enrolment > Proof of Enrolment/Graduation).

    In addition to your Proof of Graduation letter, you must also include your official printed transcript with the degree granted remarks.

    If you have circumstances that require you to apply for to apply for PGWP before Senate has met to confirm graduation, please contact Service Point to request a special letter confirming that you have completed your program. Please note that in order to receive a letter confirming degree completion from Service Point, you must demonstrate that there are extenuating circumstances that require you to obtain proof of program completion before Senate meets. Extenuating circumstances could be one of the following:

    • Your Study Permit will expire before Senate meets;
    • You have to travel before the expiry of your immigration documents and will only be returning after the expiry of your Study Permit and TRV, if applicable;
    • You have a job offer for a job that begins before Senate will meet.

    Please note that you can only request this exception letter after your final grades have been posted on Minerva OR your final thesis/project has been accepted by your department.

    180-day deadline to apply: Important Information

    If you wish to apply for a PGWP, you must do so within 180 days from the first date you receive official written confirmation of completion of studies (either Senate meeting date or letter from Service Point, whichever comes first). You can apply for your PGWP as soon as you have proof of completion of your program requirements. You do not have to wait the 180 days to apply.


    Within the 180 days from the date you apply for your PGWP, you must hold or have held a valid Study Permit. If your study permit expired prior to you receiving proof of completion of studies, you will not have the full 180 days from proof of completion of your studies to apply for your PGWP.


    1. 180 days from official written confirmation of completion of studies; or
    2. 180 days from expiration of Study Permit

    whichever comes first.

    The examples below illustrate how to calculate the PGWP application deadline.

    CASE SCENARIO 1: Study Permit expires after receiving proof of completion of studies

    Mohammed’s last registered term was Fall 2020. The expiry date on his study permit is August 31, 2020. His degree was granted on February 21, 2020.

    When is his deadline to apply for the PGWP? His deadline to apply for his PGPW is August 21, 2020. This is because 180 days from February 21, 2020, when his degree was granted, is August 21, 2020. Watch out! Mohammed’s study permit becomes invalid 90 days from proof of completion of his studies.

    The earliest Mohammed can apply for his PGWP is on February 21, 2020, once his degree has been granted. The latest he can apply is August 21, 2020, which is 180 days from when his degree was granted.

    CASE SCENARIO 2: Study Permit expires before receiving proof of completion of studies

    Ana’s last registered term was Summer 2020. Her study permit expired on August 31, 2020. Her degree was granted on October 24, 2020.

    When is her deadline to apply for the PGWP? Her deadline to apply for her PGPW is February 27, 2020. This is because she must have held a valid study permit 180 days from the date she applies for the PGWP. 180 days from August 31, 2020, which is when her study permit expired, is February 27, 2020. Watch out! Ana does not have until April 21, 2020 to apply for her PGWP.

    See timeline below:

    The earliest Ana can apply for her PGWP is on October 24, 2020 once her degree has been granted. The latest she can apply is February 27, 2020, which is 180 days from the expiry of her study permit.

    Очень важная для вас статья:  В Нью-Брансуике строят жилой комплекс для иммигрантов

    You can apply for your PGWP either from within Canada or from outside of Canada. Depending on where you apply from and what you choose to do during those 180 days, there are important consequences to be aware of.

    Your study permit becomes invalid 90 days after completion of studies or the day on which it expires, whichever comes first, as per section 222 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

    If you do not apply for your PGWP while your study permit is still valid, you must do one of the following before your study permit becomes invalid:

    1. Apply to change your status to a visitor or
    2. Leave Canada.

    See timeline below:

    Applying for your PGWP as a student from within Canada

    If you apply online for your PGWP from within Canada while your study permit is still valid, you can work full-time while waiting for a decision on your application as long as you have been continuously full-time throughout your studies, with the exception of your final term.

    Applying for your PGWP as a visitor from within Canada

    If you do not apply for your PGWP while your study permit is valid and you decide to stay in Canada as a visitor, you may apply for your PGWP online from within Canada as long as you are still within the 180 days from the date you completed your studies. However, in this case, you will not have the authorization to work while you wait for a decision on your PGWP application as you will not meet the conditions set out in s.186(w) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

    Applying for your PGWP from outside of Canada

    You may apply for your PGWP from outside of Canada as long as you are still within the 180 days from the date you completed your studies. You do not require a valid study permit or valid visitor status in order to apply for your PGWP from outside of Canada.

    How to Apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit

    You can apply for a post graduation work permit, Online OR at a Port of Entry (Land Border* or Airport**)

    *Canada/US land border (Lacolle/Champlain, St. Armand/Phillipsburg, or Stanstead).
    ** If applying at an airport, you must be returning from an international flight.

    Applying At a Port of Entry:

    To be eligible to apply at the border, you must be TRV-exempt*

    *Even if you were required to have a TRV/Entry Visa to enter Canada, you are TRV-exempt if you are traveling only to the US and back with a valid Study Permit or Work Permit — see IRPA Section 190 (3) (f)). Please note, however, that not all agents are familiar with this exception and may require you to apply online once you’re in Canada. This is why we recommend that foreign nationals who require a TRV because of their nationality apply only at the US/Canada Land Border — Lacolle/Champlain . All other nationalities that do not require a TRV can apply at any Port of Entry.

    Please bring the following documents:

    1. Valid Passport (The PGWP cannot be granted past the validity of your passport. If your PGWP was granted for a shorter period of time than you were eligible for because your passport was expiring, you will need to apply for a new work permit and pay the fees again, once you have obtained your new passport. You should include a letter of explanation stating that your PGWP expired prematurely because of the expiry date of your previous passport)

    2. Proof that you have a valid immigration status:

    If flagpoling at the US/Canada Land Border — Lacolle Champlain:

    • Valid study permit; OR
    • Proof of valid visitor status (e.g. visitor record, proof that you applied for visitor status from within Canada)
      If you are uncertain as to whether you have a val >If applying at the airport, you should have one of the following documents:

    • Valid study permit and valid eTA if entering as a student; OR
    • Valid eTA if entering as a visitor
      *Not all foreign nationals are eligible to apply for their PGWP at an airport. If you are not sure if you are eligible to apply for your PGWP at an airport, please contact ISS.

    3. Letter from Minerva or Service Point confirming that you have completed all the requirements of your program of study

    4. Official Transcripts in a sealed envelope showing final grades/results

    5. $155 + new $100 fee (as of Feb. 21, 2015) = $255 (payable by cash, credit card or Canadian debit)

    6. $85 fee for biometrics: IMPORTANT! Immigration Canada has expanded their biometrics program. You may be required to provide biometrics when applying for your PGWP at a port of entry. For more information please see our News page (See May 14, 2020 update)

    Optional documents: Immigration officers occasionally ask students whether they have enough funds to pay for their living costs while looking for work. It is recommended to have a copy of your latest bank statement or any other document proving that you have sufficient funds to pay your rent while looking for work (there is no specific amount required by Immigration Canada).

    If you do not have access to a car, there is a bus service to the Canada/US border from Montreal.

    Applying Online

    Students may apply online either from within Canada, or from outside Canada. Please note that processing times (Work permit extension (new employer)) will vary by country.

    1. Determine your eligibility to apply online for the PGWP by completing the online eligibility questionnaire.
    2. Once approved for online application apply through your MyCIC account
    3. Assemble your documents according to your personalised MyCIC document checklist, and follow the subsequent steps.

    IMPORTANT!: New guidelines now require applicants to include both their official transcript and proof of completion of studies when applying for the PGWP, including when applying online.

    Once you have applied from inside Canada and are waiting to receive your PGWP, y ou can begin to work full-time only if:

    a) you hold or held a valid* study permit at the time you applied for your PGWP, and
    b) you maintained a full-time student status every semester with the exception of your last term

    *IMPORTANT! Your study permit becomes invalid 90 days after completion of studies or the day on which it expires, whichever comes first, as per section 222 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

    Your Post Graduation Work Permit and Your Temporary Resident Visa

    If your current TRV (Entry Visa) says «Student» and is still valid, you will not need a new TRV if you are changing your status to «Worker». Your TRV is valid regardless of whether it was issued to you as a student or worker. You can enter Canada with a TRV – “student” with a work permit.

    If you apply for your PGWP from outside of Canada, and your TRV or eTA expires you will be automatically issued a new TRV or eTA. You do not need to complete a separate application or pay additional fees. It will be issued by the officer at the same time as the documents you need for your entry to Canada as a worker (see Immigration Canada website).

    If you apply for your PGWP from inside of Canada, you will NOT be issued a TRV or an eTA automatically. You must apply separately for your TRV or eTA if they are expired.

    Traveling while waiting to receive your PGWP

    If you have applied for your PGWP (and your study permit has expired) and you plan on traveling outside Canada while your application is in process, you can leave Canada and return.

    However, in order to return and enter Canada, you must:

    1. have a valid eTAOR
    2. have a valid TRV to enter CanadaOR
    3. be a Citizen of the United States (exempt from both the eTA and TRV).

    Once you arrive at the Canadian border, the following scenarios may happen:

    1. You may be allowed to re-enter Canada as a temporary resident if Immigration Canada has not yet made a decision on your PGWP application. The officer at the port of entry may ask you to prove that you have enough financial capacity to support yourself in Canada. If you applied for your PGWP before your study permit expired and you are allowed to re-enter Canada as a temporary resident, you may be allowed to work while waiting for a decision on your PGWP application. See information above on working while waiting for the PGWP.
    2. You may be allowed to re-enter Canada as a worker if your work permit has been approved while you were away.
    3. You may be asked to apply for a new work permit at the port of entry, if eligible.

    Note: It is possible that you will not be able to enter Canada. The decision to allow you to enter Canada while your PGWP application is pending is at the discretion of the border services officer.

    SP and OWP/PGWP Канада

    If you want to work after completing your studies in Canada, you may be eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit. In today’s blog, we are going to cover some of the most frequently asked questions about it. For full information please refer to cic.gc

    The post-graduation work permit (PGWP) FAQs:

    If you graduated from a designated learning institution and didn’t take unplanned semester off — yes. To get a post-graduation work permit, you must have continuously studied full-time in Canada in a study program at least eight months long.

    You need to apply for a work permit within 90 days of when it was confirmed that you completed your program and have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit.

    No, you aren’t eligible to apply for a PGWP if you already had a post-graduation work permit following any other program of study. You can only get PGWP once.

    No, you aren’t eligible to apply for a PGWP if you completed a study program by distance learning either from abroad or from within Canada.

    a PGWP may be valid for up to three years, for example, if you finished a diploma or degree from an eligible school in Canada, and within the next two years you get a one-year
    graduate degree or diploma from an eligible school in Canada.

    -were eligible to work off-campus without a work permit while studying and did not work more hours than you were allowed to while working off-campus.

    Добавить комментарий